Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Three Weeks! Day 21... well, I was really tired. Also. I shaved my legs!

Day 21 was yesterday, but I went to bed without posting.

I woke up at about 8:30 (why? why did I wake up?), washed up, walked around, then I got pulled into a long marathon of that show "Long Island Medium" where the chatty lady talks to dead people and reassures live people that their loved ones "on the other side" are okay and happy and with them.

I've lost some loved ones.  I was watching it all fixated and crying like a baby because I wanted to hear those things about MY people on the other side.  Also, she is like the queen of bump-it hair.  You cannot stop looking at that HAIR.  There should be a whole show in just Theresa doing her hair.  You can't help but love this woman in all her sweet obnoxiousness.  Listening to her talk is my fave.



Then my friend called.  She had a breast reduction scheduled, but was having a doctor debacle and some real scheduling complications and just needed to talk, so we chatted like forever.  We talked about my procedures, cost, my outcome and recovery, etc.  Just a lot of surgery talk.  Then, of course, we talked a little about Long Island Medium because it's an excellent conversational topic.

I decided since my cats were gonna starve without my help, I needed to go grab some cat food.  I got home, fed them, fed myself, and holy cow I was all of a sudden just EXHAUSTED.  I sat down on the couch zoning out for like 45 minutes, kind of nodding off here and there, then Mr. Right got home.

I laid down for a nap around 4:30 and woke up at like 8:00 pm.  What the heck?  All I did was go out for freakin' cat food and talk on the phone.  Anyway, my body was telling me "sleep" so I did.

Mr. Right was hungry, but I kind of just wanted to sleep and wasn't hungry, but we needed to go to the store, and I should eat dinner.  Then it was "What do you want to eat?" and "I don't know", so I told him just wherever was fine, since I wasn't hungry.

We went to Hooters, and it was really really loud since it was Monday night football, so I ordered a couple of drinks to take the edge off.  That was probably the best decision I made allll day.  We hit the grocery store, then came home and he helped me load up the car.  I had a Career Day presentation the following day at a middle school.

I also showered in the evening because I knew there was no way I'd be able to be somewhere the next morning by 8:15 if the morning had to involve showering.  Pants are still not comfy, so I planned to wear a dress, so I SHAVED MY LEGS!  For the first time in 3 weeks.



Finally utilizing that shower chair to actually sit on, I shaved my legs.  Life is slowly getting back to normal!  Reaching the left side of my left leg was a challenge, because I'm right-handed.  That's probably the least-shaven part but the rest of my legs were pretty smooth.  I even had my sweet husband put lotion on them after he painted me up with Scar-Guard.

For whatever reason, I had the hardest time getting to sleep last night.  Maybe because of the 4-hour nap?


No comments:

Post a Comment