Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 25: Purging the closet

So, this morning I had to help a friend run an errand.  I had to be kind of a "secret shopper" so I got up, showered, and made myself presentable (hello again, maternity jeans, don't mind if I do!).  She picked me up, we ran our errand, and had lunch.

Once I got home, I decided it was about time to start trying on some of my old clothes to see what I needed to keep, and what I needed to toss.  There ended up being a lot of tops and dresses that no longer work on me, so I purged them from the closet and bagged 'em up.  Some will go to a friend and the rest will probably go to donation.

The jury is still out on pants, since I can't comfortably try anything on at the moment.

I piled up all my old bras and swimsuits (most of which were bra-cup-specific) and put them into a clothing bin... I'll wash them on the "sanitize" cycle in the washer and re-bin them, then figure out what the heck to do with them.

Do you offer people your old bras?  I mean, they were expensive, and there are at least 10 or 12.  Like, no one bra cheaper than $50 or so.  It's not like they're undies that have touched a bodily-fluids part... they're bras.  They touched breasts.  That's it.  How is this really all that different form donating or passing on your old towels or sheets?  Quite frankly, bras are kind of less possible-cootie-harboring contraptions than towels or sheets.

We'll see.  I mean there's always Craigslist.  I don't know of any organizations that collect giant secondhand bras.

I also helped Mr. Right get my Career Day stuff out of my car and into my storage unit.  I absolutely did not lift anything too heavy or over-exert myself in any way.  I am in take-it-easy mode because I do not want to slow this process down.

The swelling in my breasts is definitely going down.  They are hard/firm along the bottom, and I don't know if they'll be like that forever or if that's part of the process... we shall see.  My nipples are not being all crazy-oversensitive as much, so I'm happy about that!

My tummy incision is still showing angry signs, but no more so than yesterday, so I'm staying on the course of antibiotics and we'll see what Doc has to say on Monday (I have my 4-week appointment then).

In other totally interesting news, we had Chinese food for dinner.  I've only taken antibiotic and Benadryl today!  No real need for pain or muscle relaxer meds.  I took some Aleve because I got a wicked crick in my neck from looking over at my friend in her car and talking to her.  That's the first neck and shoulder pain I've had in 25 days, though.  Quite a change from the "every single day" back/neck/shoulder pain.  Benadryl because after I cleaned my tummy incision and gauzed/taped it up, I had an itching fit and just couldn't stand it.  I undid my garment, took off the tape/gauze, and methodically stuffed an old pair of soft panties between my skin and the compression garment.

: )

1 comment:

  1. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. mammoplasty reduction

    ReplyDelete