Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 20: Went to a movie, chatted with a surgery buddy

So, Day 20 was largely uneventful as far as my surgical recovery.  We had planned to go to a movie at noon, in the big comfy reclinery theater where I knew I'd be comfortable.

We bough tickets the night before, and Mr. Right decided we needed to get to the theater really early and stand in line since it was a new movie.  This required an orchestrated wake-up time so I could shower and stuff, get my Scar-Guard painted on, get comfy in wearing something, blah blah blah.  That worked out well, yay us.

Well, we got there about 40 minutes early.  There was no line, and upon entering the theater we found that about 12 other people had the same "let's get there really early" thought.  SO... a good 40 minutes of random movie theater songs/commercials.  The movie was great, and we went home.



I got home and my daughter said that while we were gone, my neighbor J had come by and said she heard I'd had surgery, and she was making dinner for us tonight!  My daughter, being a teenager, had encrypted the message so that I wasn't totally sure what was up so I walked over to J's house.

She was busy chopping and cooking and slicing and dicing, all for us.  SO SWEET!

I stayed and chatted with her (and her husband), and while it was cooking she showed me around her house.  Such a sweetie.  I'll have to find something really, really nice to do for her.  The dinner was delicious-- she made us a pasta dish with fresh herbs from her garden, and a beautiful fresh fruit salad all arranged cute on a platter, and cheesy bread.

Once we had eaten, i was kind of done for the day.  TIRED... so I laid down in bed.

A friend of mine has also undergone some surgery recently-- she had a "lower body lift".  They removed/restructured parts of her abdomen (all the way around, "belt line"), butt and thighs.  I texted her to make sure she was up, then gave her a call and we had a nice conversation. It's good to talk to someone a few weeks behind me, and to be able to tell her about the little things I did to help, and help her know that it'll get better every day.

: )

No comments:

Post a Comment