Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 17: The Mall! Oooooh I can't wait to buy pretty bras.

Today I needed to go get some undies to wear with my "gusseted" (which means "has a big giant crotch hole so you don't have to take it off to go to the bathroom") compression garment, in anticipation of good ol' Aunt Flo.  Since 5 pounds of my tummy are gone, My old undies are not so snug anymore.

My main concern was... are panties going to stay up when worn over the compression garment (let's just call it a CG from on on, shall we)?  Will they slide down while I'm walking around, and be falling out the bottom of my dress without me noticing?  We'd just have to see.

I stumbled into Soma Intimates to check out what was up.  I'd tried Victoria's Secret, but quite frankly that place is overwhelming when you aren't prepared, and all I wanted to do was look at pretty bras and lingerie.  None of the functional undies there were keeping my attention.  Everything is all hipster and whatnot, so that didn't seem like a good solution to the over-the-CG issue.

Soma however, seems to be marketed to the older-married-lady crowd.  Some beautiful things that seem well-made, but nothing too "Pussycat Dolls" if ya know what I mean.

I explained to the salesgirl (who was also far less intimidating that the lovely Russian-accented model of a sales associate at VS) that I'd recently had abdominal surgery and needed undies that would stay up well when worn over a lycra garment.  She introduced me to the wonderful world of... these babies:


They may appear to be regular undies, but the butt cheek/panty line area is actually lined with little bitty lines of silicone!  Soma calls it "vanishing edge", since it's a no-panty-line concept that doesn't give you a wedgie.  We'll see about all that, but the thought of it not slipping up into the gusset of my CG (or down off my butt) was thrilling!  I bought 5 pair, so we'll see how they work.  For more info, here's the product link.

Before I left to go to the mall, I had a lovely little surgical drain tube guffaw.

So, I'm up, washing my face, thinking "Oh hey, I think I'll actually put on some makeup today!" and "Maybe I'll go to the MALL!".  That will be my outing, my exercise.  WHEEE!  I won't get my heart rate up or walk too fast because I'll just stroll and window shop.  I'm hanging out in my bathroom, in my CG and bra, drains safety pinned to my CG, tubes all hanging out because I hadn't gotten to the point of actually dressing just yet.

Suddenly there is barking insanity outside, and I realize that it's Thursday and the pool guys are here.  My dog is in the backyard barking his head off at them (from a safe distance of course, he doesn't actually want to get involved, just warn them that it's HIS territory).  I turn to go to the back door to call the crazy mutt inside, catch my drain tube on the handle of my makeup drawer, and proceed to completely yank the drawer out of the vanity, sending it smashing to the ground, makeup everywhere.  I broke the side off the drawer.  YAY!

Welllll crap.  I can't bend over and pick all that stuff up!  Luckily the CG had a tight grip on my drain tubing, so I was fine and there was no issue with the site where the drain enters me.  Nope, that sucker is stitched in there with PURPOSE!  And thank Heaven.


I decided I'd just leave it until later when someone was home to help me.  About 10 minutes later, I heard Mr. Right upstairs in his office talking to the dog, lol.  I had no idea he was home!  He came down to survey the damage and helped me clean up.

Man, I am really truly going to bankrupt us buying bras once I'm all healed up.

I guess before, I just kind of turned a blind eye to everything in lingerie stores because it was like looking at food you can't eat.  Today, walking around amongst all those B and C cup beautiful things, ooooh I just want to fast forward time to when I'm healed.  I want to have nice beautiful luxurious bras where matching panties are an option!  I want to be able to buy beautiful luxurious silk and French lace old-Hollywood-glam nightgowns to parade around in front of Mr. Right.  I want him to be able to buy gorgeous lingerie for me, things he wants to see on his wife...  or as he'd say, "Crumpled up in the corner".  He's a charmer ; )

He's always said he's not interested in lingerie, that he's interested in me... but I've proven him to be quite wrong on occasion.  Spice is nice.  I'm just really excited to have a whole new world from which to fill my bag of tricks!


No comments:

Post a Comment