Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 24: Maternity Pants are the bomb!

So today's "reason to wake up" was a nail appointment.  I was looking forward to trying out the maternity pants and people, they were absolutely the BEST.

None of that wacky buttoning/waistline business.  The tummy panel slid right up over my compression garment and stayed up!  I wore a baggy hoodie and Uggs with it, so I was not at the height of fashion (unless you count "Grunge"), but I was indeed comfy : )

Come to think of it, it's quite unfortunate that Uggs were a post-Grunge fashion item.  They'd have fit right in!





I have felt all-around well.  No need for anything above and beyond Motrin.

The rest of the day is pretty nothing-to-report until dinner time rolled around.  My nails look lovely and I watched a lot of America's Next Top Model since they were running a style marathon on whatever channel that is.  I stripped the sheets off the bed all by myself (very slowly, it's not a contest) and got them into the washer & dryer.  Slow and steady won that race.

So me and Mr. Right went to my favorite suburban Mexican restaurant because it's Thursday, and they make my favorite dish ONLY on Thursdays.



I went to the bathroom, and upon peeling my layers off, I noticed a little bit of "weeping" from my tummy incision was showing through my compression garment. I went ahead and took the garment down and looked at the incision... yep.  The part Doc had thought might be an infection was definitely looking angry.  It wasn't oozing or anything, just kind of looked like the skin was separating a bit and there was a bit of... goo.. that didn't look right.  Since I started antibiotics last night, I know we're already fighting whatever's in there, but I thought I should let Doc know that the situation appeared worse.

I sent him a text (as he requests his patients do if they have questions) explaining the situation, asking if I should go ahead and Neosporin the area.  He said yes, and to not put Scarguard on it until it looks normal again.  SO... back to the gauze-and-ointment for that part of the incision.

I'm still glad I asked!  I took a picture of it for myself, so I can take a pic tomorrow and compare.  Just so I can know if it's getting better or worse.  Just for me.  Possibly for the blog if I can figure out a way to host pics elsewhere so they don't just show up and BLAMMO! surprise you out of the blue.

I know I would NOT want to see someone else's infected incision unless I specifically chose to.

Once I figure that, I'll post some other more in-depth images as well.

Day 24 was, overall, a feelin' good kinda day.  See ya on Day 25!


No comments:

Post a Comment