Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Days 15 & 16: Condensed because it was Election Day and I took it easy!

DAY 15:
Well, after my overdoing-day-14, I pretty much sat in bed a lot on Day 15 and watched HGTV.  It was election day, so I tried to stay away from news stations and stuff.  I'd already early-voted so I wanted to wait until way later and then watch for results.  Once the episodes of "House Hunters" began repeating themselves, I turned off the tv and broke out my Kindle to read my book.

I had to get up and go cart kids to and fro at about 3:00, so I just flat out took it easy until then... went and got them... returned some stuff at Target... then came home and made dinner.  Easy peasy, I made spaghetti.

I was raging hungry for sweets after dinner (hello PMS!), so I ate a little mini-haagen-daas pop and then some sorbet.  I was still hungry, so I had an orange.

My new compression garment had arrived, but I didn't feel like dealing with it so I just shelved that sucker for tomorrow.  It's kind of like a sleeveless leotard with the boob part missing... straps and all.  SEXY!  


DAY 16:

Well, we stayed up forever watching Big Bang Theory and the election last night, so I slept in for a long time this morning.  I'm pretty sure I slept until like 10:30...lol.

I did some reading, had some breakfast, and read some more.  Nothing too industrious, as I'm still industrious-shy after Monday's aftermath.  Walking around the house was about it for me.  Eventually I showered, and Mr. Right painted my Scar-Guard on me, then we tried out the new compression garment.

It feels a lot better, because it's providing some compression higher up on my abdomen.  My other garment is just not made for tall people!  I'm not 100% on the snap-crotch of this new one though.  I can't get it fastened by myself because of the bendy-ness that requires, so I have to call in Mr. Right.  I can really only wear this one under supervised circumstances right now.  Argh.

Also, it kinda cuts at the thigh, because the good Lord above blessed me with thunder-thighs.  I'm looking forward to being able to work out again soon so I can work on lessening their girth.

I've been wearing it for a good 3 hours now.  Love the top, don't love the bottom!  I'm starting to think I need  a combo of this one and the other one.  I prefer the open-crotch.

Giant bonus:  soon I get to figure out how to deal with compression garment + drains + period!

I'm thinking the crotchless garment with panties worn over the top is probably going to be the answer.  I'd previously thought I needed a garment with a crotch in it, but snapping myself up is just too hard.  I guess another option is wearing the crotch-snapper thing and just pulling the whole garment down when I need to go to the bathroom.  I'll keep you updated.  I know you just CAN'T WAIT.

Went out to dinner with the family tonight but that's as exciting as it got.  Now me and Mr. Right are sitting in bed watching Duck Dynasty.  Ahh, quality time.


No comments:

Post a Comment