Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 76: The Eve of Week 11.

So I skipped a couple of weeks... but to be fair, not a lot has changed.  I didn't really have a lot to tell you.

It was also Christmas and New Year's, and I was away from the computer lots, spending time with family and doing the normal holiday stuff : )

NORMAL.  I'm feeling pretty dadgum normal.

I've been exercising, lifting, and feeling all-around capable.  I had a tradeshow and really learned that I'm not 100% comfortable standing on a stepstool and stretching up as high as i can possibly reach-- It just feels "tight".  I'm sure that will just take some expansion of my range-o-motion... and time.

I saw lots of people at the tradeshow who I hadn't seen in 6 months or so, and got a lot of the "You look great!  What have you been doing?"

It never stops surprising me how many people are ready to open up and talk about wanting a breast reduction or a tummy tuck  ; )  People I never noticed as having been chesty.  It feels good to be in the midst of a great experience with it, and be able to talk to them about it.

Buying Bras.

So I decided last week that I'd go out and do some shopping for bras, now that I'm kind of holding strong at the 38D mark.  I'm comfortable spending the money at this point because the microfiber sports bras just don't go well with all items of clothing.  I figured I'd look for something that would allow me to wear v-neck shirts.

It's a totally different experience than bra shopping was before.  I have this feeling like "Why do I even need this?" when I put on most of the bras, because all they do is plaster over top of my breasts.  I don't feel like there's a NEED, like there was before, for support or motion control.  There's nothing to tuck in.  Nothing to squish, no need for adjustment to make my breasts fit into a bra cup.  It's almost silly!

I tried on a "t-shirt bra" that had the thick foam molded cups.  It just seemed so ridiculous to put that thing on, with these "little" perky boobs.  In fact, nothing (in any sizes in the right range) seemed appropriate.  My breasts are pretty firm still, so if the bra's cups weren't shaped exactly like my breasts there was an odd fit... like I didn't form to the cup.  There was space in side the cup, but if I moved down to the next smaller size, it wasn't right either.

I hadn't realized this would take so much research!

I ended up buying a pretty lacy bra that was on clearance.  I wore it to the tradeshow today with a v-neck shirt and felt great.

SILICONE ABDOMINAL SCAR PATCHES

I had gotten the silicone sheeting for my abdominal scar last time I was at Doc's office, with specific instructions not to use until my incision stopped oozing. Well, it finally stopped so I applied themone night before bed.

I'll be honest.  Those things on the abdominal area are kind of annoying.  The sheeting sticks to me, but as my skin moved and pulls (and clothing rubs) it kind of rolls up on itself.  I haven't tried them on a normal daywear kind of stretch, but the seem like they'll be really annoying.  The breast ones aren't particularly annoying, but they're largely held in place by a bra.

More to come ; )


3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog about a week ago. I've finally gotten all caught up. I just passed my 6 month mark. Pretty much the same thing, tummy tuck with breast lift. It has been great to read your story. I thought about recording my experience, but never got around to it. I found myself smiling and nodding a lot. Thanks for sharing. Hope to hear more from you. Is there any chance of photos at different stages? I don't know anyone else who has done anything like this, so I have nothing to compare with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't been easy to keep up with it, but I was really annoyed at the lack of information from people who'd had procedures like this! I've been taking pictures throughout the experience, and plan to post them eventually. I'm trying to figure out how to arrange them, and how to present them since this is a surgery where photos = nudity. I'd hate for someone to stumble upon the blog and be grossed out by accidentally seeing the pictures! Maybe I'll just do one post that's "Timeline" and have a huge warning that there's nudity ahead : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the women who resent having large breasts, the Breast reduction Dubai, Abu Dhabi is a ray of hope. This page explains everything about the Breast Reduction Dubai.

    ReplyDelete