Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 8: I left the house... twice : )

Basically, mornings are semi-rough.  I get out of bed, pee, groan because my abs are sore, go into the bathroom and find my med chart, get all the meds I need to take first thing, and head into the kitchen for the good ol' Miralax/OJ and some breakfast.

Once again, the routine of breakfast (and perhaps my body and mind waking up) gets me perked up and rarin' to go.  A good tooth-brushing and face-washing are also necessary... I refuse to let myself be icky for too long, that doesn't make for a happy day.

I slept kind of late today-- Mr. Right laid in bed with me last night and we watched the World Series of Poker final table (which I guess lasted until like 3 am because that's when he finally turned off the tv and went to bed.  I'd been dozing in and out).  Once I had breakfast all laid out, I sat in the dining room chair and watched some "Superstorm Sandy" coverage until I wanted to strangle all the weather commentators, then switched over to HGTV or Bravo or something where people with unlimited budgets decorate stuff.





I sat "up" in my chair for a long time!  A little pillow behind my back was helpful, and I propped my feet up for a while too, but I did it.  I was feeling quite accomplished with myself, and rooted through the closet to see what I could wear with my drains.  (See my previous post about the beach muumuu).  Mr. Right called to see if I wanted him to bring me anything for lunch, but I declined because I was feeling so industrious.  When he got home, we discovered that my son had a football game (middle school B-team kind of football) close to home-- so I decided I'd try out our folding chair and if it worked, go to the game.  VENTURE OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD!



Don't get me wrong, I downed a banana, a vicodin, and a valium before we left for preventive purposes.

Getting in the car was a little challenge, but all was well.  Mr. Right had to close my door for me but I got in, seatbelted, and ready to ride.  The road was by no means super bumpy, but I still felt the need to hold my boobs and belly because there was movement.  Inertia.  It didn't "hurt" but it made me uncomfortable so I held on to them kindly.  My sweetheart dropped me off close to the field then parked the car and met me at our seat destination.  I sat in the folding chair (I should mention that my folding chair is awesome and has a separate folding footrest-- it was a mother's day gift about 5 years ago) and all was well.  I'm pretty sure no one there knew I was sporting fancy surgical drains beneath my sundress!  I wore a gray shrug over the dress to cover the straps of my gray soft-cup bra that I still have to wear "at all times unless I'm showering".

My rig is like this, only the footrest is not attached:


On the way out, I was not walking at record speed, so I kindly stepped aside and let the people behind me pass on the sidewalk.  I gave them the "you go ahead, I'm moving kind of slow right now" and they seemed kind in return and passed me on up.  I sort of felt like I needed one of those orange reflective triangles on my back (like tractors and the Amish buggies have for driving on the road).



Well, we got home, and I wanted to walk some MORE!  I put on some nice capri yoga type pants, attached my drains to where the pockets of the pants would overlap/camouflage them, and put on a "workout" top I'd bought before surgery in hopes it'd fit after.  YEP!  The weather was nice and cool, so we went for a walk (Mr. Right even leashed up the dog, who was freaking BESIDE himself at the mere mention of the word "walk").  Probably a little less than a mile, at a pretty slow pace.

(not actually us... i'm just being really industrious with the picture-adding tonight.  these are people from google-image-search):



As we returned and decided we were hungry, we decided to go OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD AGAIN!  We hit a local Italian place and I sat up in a chair for an entire dinner : )  I even braved the public bathroom-- dressed and with my drains and all.  Complete success.  I figured out how to close my own car door on our departure, and then we went to Target.

I felt like a real girl!  YAY!  It's been like... more than a week since I went to Target.  I was almost having withdrawal.  We only spent $20.  Victory is OURS.





I didn't carry any of the heavy stuff in Target, though (orange juice and chicken salad should be reserved for strong manly men who have noy just undergone breast surgery).  Just the little bag of powdered donuts (I find them fabulous for when you need to take medicine but not on an empty stomach, and you've kind of OD'd on saltines).  I kid!  I didn't buy a bag of powdered donuts.  I bought TWO.














My manicure lady is a super sweetheart and texted to see how I was doing and if I needed anything, so I'm all set for a mani/pedi on Friday.  Maybe I can even drive myself by then!  A girl's gotta have goals.

Tomorrow is my "1-week" appointment with Doc.  I'm anxious to see what he's got to say and see if I'm healing up on par with other people.  Trust me, you'll get an update : )  Ta ta for now, as the wonderful bounce-ful Tigger would say.  Big day tomorrow!  If I'm a good girl at the doctor, Mr. Right is taking me out for Pinkberry afterward.

I hope you've enjoyed my industrious use of pictures.  I'll try and snazz it up for you from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment